Hi y'all! Hope all of you are doing well on this BEAUTIFUL Sunday afternoon. Here in Auburn it is 70 degrees!! (sorry for all of y'all from up north. I'm from Chicago so I know how it is...and my poor mother is reporting how it is 14 degrees with -9 windchill and currently snowing...) I cannot believe it is already March...where did January and February go? Some of y'all are graduating in two months! Feels great doesn't it? Make sure you push through it!
That's one thing I want to talk about- pushing through. One thing I heard at SOS (my camp war eagle) was to "push past the shyness." I heard it and kind of brushed it off, but for the past few months it has been the only thing I remember from SOS.
Get to know people. If you aren't one to just walk up to someone and start talking-get over it. I hate to be rude, but it's true. It's more awkward for you to be silent then to just open up and starting a conversation with others. Who knows, you might meet someone who is currently a rising actor. (I say this because it's happened to me.) You will meet some interesting people, you will have connections around campus and you will have a ton of friends that you will see around. It's so much fun getting to know all the people around campus. Think about it...we're all from different places around the country or even around the world. Get out there and get to know new people! Push past the shyness of talking to new people. I definitely have struggled with this one, but it's coming more naturally!
Get involved in whatever your heart desires. If you want to be a War Eagle girl or Plainsman, go for it! If you want to join a club or sports team, go for it! Yes, there is always a chance of rejection, but there is also a chance for success. You will never know if you never try. There are so many ways to get involved on campus. I'm currently stuck not knowing which one I want to do more! If you browse around on auburn.edu you will see many different things to get involved in. Check out Auburn Involve as well! You don't want to be a senior and regret not doing something in your previous years. By getting involved, it will give you a network of friends and something to do. So start looking for different things to join now so when you get here you will be prepared! Push past the shyness of possibly being rejected.
This one is a big one. Push past the shyness of meeting your professors. I think I've mentioned this before, but definitely get to know your professor. Introduce yourself after the first class or go to their offices hours just to say hi and just sit and get to know them. Some of your professors can be the coolest people. I currently have one that was in the peace corps and just has an interesting story. There are so many perks of getting to know your professors. So I definitely encourage you to do so. Push past the shyness of getting to know your professors.
You all probably get my point now. Those were three of the most common/biggest things that you need to push past the shyness on. There are obviously more things, but I could probably go on forever. Make sure you're open for new people in your life and new opportunities and you will be pretty happy once you leave Auburn. You will be able to accomplish a lot!
Have a wonderful week! xoxoxo,
Dayna
No comments:
Post a Comment